"East Lake", TSS' second campus, resides in the educational building of ELUMC church on the corner of Hosea L. Williams Drive and 5th Avenue, just a few blocks from Oakhurst Village. TSS East Lake features TSS' largest Atelier (art studio) which has huge, built-in light tables, open spaces for yoga and dance parties, and cozy nooks for small group materials exploration. Our campus gardens were crafted by a sustainability designer, who took into consideration light and water requirements as well as the needs of our school.
TSS East Lake Admissions
Next Open Houses: Apr 16 at 10am. Please click this link to RSVP in advance.
If you cannot attend these dates or seek a private tour before then, contact campus at:
Phone: (404) 228-1797
Fax (404) 679-0302
Address: 2500 Hosea L. Williams Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30317
Beginning in June 2020, our East Lake campus will pilot Turning Suns' first school-provided lunch program. Like all TSS campuses, East Lake is already providing daily snacks that are nourishing, wholesome, and served "family-style" to promote life-long healthy eating habits. Fall 2020 tuition at East Lake includes daily lunch carefully designed by an experienced, professional chef. Menus will be plant-based, nut-free and allergy conscious. We will use local organic vegetables grown in our own school garden as much as possible. Turning Sun strives to provide a balanced diet, with an emphasis on whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables, beans, legumes, and seeds.
- indoor and outdoor classrooms
- an atelier (art studio)
- playgrounds filled with natural sandboxes and materials
- organic vegetable and flower gardens with raised beds
- welcoming grassy areas for families to congregate before and after school
- Half Day 9:00-1:00 with optional Early Care from 8:30-9:00
- School Day 8:30-3:30
- Extended Day 8:30-5:30
- Toddlers: Ages 10-23 months and sometimes young 2's. Student-to-educator ratio is typically 4:1.
- Preschool I: For 2-year-olds. Student-to-educator ratio is typically 6:1.
- Preschool II: For 3-year-olds. Student-to-educator ratio is typically 7:1.
- Pre-Kindergarten/Multi-Age: For 3's, 4s, and 5's. Student-to-educator ratio is typically 10:1
- Environmental Education